Just a quick note to let you know that you should check out this blogpost by content guru Gerry McGovern: “Putting people’s need first”. Gerry is the man behind, among other things, the tool “Customer Carewords“, which we used when designing the new page. He’s known for his strict focus on user needs and content management. In the blogpost, he talks about the approach we had when making the new cancer society website. Through strict focus on people’s needs, we have yielded some astonishingly great results, among which are:
- A doubling or more in all kinds of online income (one-off donations, recurring gifts, members, in memoriam gifts etc)
- 20% increase in inquiries to the cancer help line (chat and phone)
- People who contact the help line are more informed – they ask more advanced questions because the basic information is more available.
- Big increase in website being used as a direct source in the media.
- Almost a doubling in monthly visitors to the site. At the same time other web analytics indicators are positive, the quality of these visits are good.
And when you have checked out Gerry’s blog post, you should sign up for the webinar myself and interaction designer Ida Aalen are holding November 27th, talking through this case. There are two times offered, so as to cover as many time zones as possible. Join us!
P.S.: To see more results and learning points from the redesign, check out the other blogposts I’ve written about it.